Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014: Another Chapter.

Well, I guess everyone has to do the cliche New Year post, so of course instead of being an individual I decided on conforming to the crowd this time. Maybe because I am bored, but mostly because I will probably need a reminder of my goals next month. So here we go...
2013... a year of many laughs but many more trials. From friends leaving on missions, to ankle surgery and not being able to play the sport I love for four months, it was definitely a tough year BUT I learned a lot. So who says that life has to be fun all of the time, every year can't be amazing just like every day can't. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to appreciate the good times and honestly we learn more from the rough times anyways. If you are reading this and you are going through a trial, my advice to you would be to keep your head up and know looking back on it this trial will actually be a blessing. Thank you 2013 for the lessons, I will forever remember them.
Now for 2014, I am probably more excited for this year than I should be but all I have to say is bring it on! Some of my goals for this year include....

  • Accept my strengths and weaknesses.
  • Run a 1/2 marathon.
  • Start piano lessons again.
  • Be more selfless.
  • Smile more.
  • Never take anything for granted, including my loved ones.
  • Write in my journal more consistently.
So if you took the time to read this boring post about what I plan to do with my year, first I have to say thank you. Second, my advice to you is make this year a year to remember. Smile more, love more, laugh more, and serve others more. Most of all, live the life that you have always wanted to and don't let anyone keep you from your dreams. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment